In A Nutshell
Reference: TBH 042
Size: 8o,000 m2
Location: Spain, Andalucia, Cádiz, Tarifa
Property Type: Rural Tarifa
About the Property
- Covered main entrance
- Large entrance hall with Italian terracotta floor tiles and an impressive wrought-iron front door
- Large coat / boot cupboard
- Guest toilet
- Large farmhouse kitchen with Italian terracotta floor tiles and a magnificent table (seats 14), 3 metre antique pine dresser, large gas hob, gas-fired Aga and dishwasher. A matching set of two industrial food fridges and one industrial freezer provide ample cold storage. Doors open onto main terrace.
- Large pantry area with ample food storage shelves, hooks and cleaning cupboard
- Staff toilet
- Walk-in storage for plates, serving dishes etc.
- TV room with satellite TV connection, comfortable sofas and extensive collection of DVD’s
- Dining room with mahogany parquet floor and doors opening onto the main terrace.
- Drawing room with antique mahogany parquet floor, open fireplace, large comfortable seating area, games table and doors opening onto main terrace.
- Bedroom 1 : A large luxury double room with a large en-suite bathroom with double sink, bathtub and walk-in shower. This magnificent bathroom opens onto a roof terrace and has views to Morocco.
- Bedroom 2 : a cosy room with ample cupboard storage and an en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3 : a standard sized bedroom with excellent storage and an en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4 : a standard sized bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe and an en-suite bathroom
Lower Ground Floor
- Wine Cellar
- Billiard Room with full-sized antique mahogany snooker table, antique mahogany sideboard and comfortable armchairs.
- Attic. Easily accessible via staircase on bedroom level. Formerly used as the laundry area when it was a family house, the attic has extensive storage shelves and is plumbed for a washing machine. It has a large flat roof area where the solar panels are located and thanks to the surrounding high-sides of the roof, entirely invisible from the outside.
- Large laundry area (formerly a two-car garage) with extensive shelving, washing machine, gas-fired dryer and freezers
- The main house has underfloor heating and all bedrooms have air-conditioning.
- Main terrace. This stunning shaded terrace has breathtaking views over the rolling hills of the classic Andalusian countryside which surrounds El Aguilon. It has a dining area, a couple of steamer chairs and a cosy seating area with an antique French Empire Bed which is a perfect spot for a siesta. There is a lawned area beyond with two magnificent mature palm trees.
- Large covered barbeque terrace with large built-in barbeque, electric oven and a table for 16 people with an extension for a maximum of 22 people. The barbeque terrace overlooks a brick patio.
- Brick patio with 2 small ponds and fountains.
GUEST BEDROOM SUITE
Vast room with high ceilings and a four-poster bed, an antique pine wardrobe and a glorious bathroom with a spectacular antique marble sink and large walk-in shower. It has a private sun-bathing terrace overlooking an attractive bricked courtyard
This single storey cottage is an ideal place for a guest family of 8.
- Bedroom 1 : a very large and beautiful room with and en-suite bathroom and marble floor throughout and double doors opening onto the long covered terrace.
- Adjoining bedroom 1 is a small kitchen and a further bedroom with two single beds and a second en-suite bathroom beyond. It has an additional entrance so it can either be an adjoining children’s bedroom to bedroom 1 or a self-contained flat.
- Bedroom 2 : a large double bedroom with a family bathroom and a second bedroom with twin beds.
- 4 loose boxes
- large haybarn
- tack room
- feed room
- corral with river-sand surface and walk-in stable (also useful as a lunging area)
- Mains water
- Mains electricity
- Landline telephone
- Satelite TV
- Excellent mobile phone coverage
- Valuables safe in almost every bedroom
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms including the guest cottage and staff flat
- Underfloor Heating
- Ample parking
- 2,500 litre gas tank
- Septic Tank
- The electric gate keeps out any unwanted visitors.
- The main house sits in the centre of 20 acres (8 hectares / 80,000m2) of its own land
- Set in an orange orchard, the swimming pool area is entirely private,
- The main house is shielded by trees and consists of a series of beautiful shaded courtyards, providing total protection from even the longest camera lenses.
- Mountain Bikes
- Quadbiking expeditions
- Roman ruins in Bolonia
- Whale-watching from Tarifa
- Spanish Riding School in Jerez
- Sailing in Sotogrande
- Tangiers is a short ferry crossing from Tarifa
- Waterpark in Algeciras
- Shaded Sandpit
- Ping Pong (outdoor table in the main orange orchard)
- Plenty of DVD’s suitable for all ages
- Sky TV including Sky Sports (but not BBC etc.)