In A Nutshell
Built Size: 265m2
Plot Size: 11,627m2
Property Type: Country with sea view
Features: Four bedrooms in the main house, one bedroom in the casita
Location: Natural Cork Forest, Tarifa, Cádiz, Spain
About the Property
The size and location make this a rare property that benefits from being positioned in the campo between the characterful town of Tarifa and the lively city of Algeciras. A 10 minute drive to the spectacular beaches of the Costa de la Luz, 25 minutes to Gibraltar make it easily commutable and close to the local airport with a convenient number of routes to the UK.
Originally the property functioned as a market garden, with the grounds laid out over a number of terraces covering a generous 11.627 sqm, and the mature planting creating something of an oasis. The house, with stunning views of the Straits of Gibraltar towards Morocco, sits directly under the annual bird migration and backs onto the Alcornocales National Park.
The additional casita provides extended personal guest space or a commercial opportunity to let, whilst the pool is positioned high in the grounds with protection from the winds and an elevated view to Africa.
The property has some interesting original features; curved walls, scalloped ceilings, stone floors and fireplace. The house has recently blended the old with the new, the kitchen becoming the heart of the house with a modern, spacious and sympathetic design.
The main house of 265 sqm has 4 bedrooms (3ensuite bathrooms & 1 toilet en-suite), lounge, dining room, playroom, and office.
There is a generous covered outside terrace and two outhouses.
The casita, sleeps two, and stands away from the main house. It has spectacular views to Morocco, a private terrace, shaded seating, galley kitchen, large bedroom and bathroom.
The large covered terrace (15 sqm) leads out into the beautiful garden. The exceptional gardens extend to 7 terraces, the multicultural history of the property is indicated in the rich, varied and mature planting. Spring time brings an abundance of Cala lilies, fragrant mimosa, orange blossom and freesias .
The elevated pool presides over the property and the view to Africa, the planting around the pool provides privacy and shelter from the wind. It is constantly fed with water from the mountain spring.
There is a spacious garage/workspace and large storage/woodshed. Higher in the grounds is a ruin, listed in the escritura and could be developed.
There is legal development potential with a broad range of opportunities. This is an area of strict conservation with very few legal opportunities for this type of project potential.
Important Information relating to properties offered by Tarifa Beach Houses
- Particulars: Any property particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Tarifa Beach Houses in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing (“information”) as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Tarifa Beach Houses nor any associated agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). Prior to the signature of any document concerning the property we recommend that all purchasers consult an independent lawyer and if necessary carry out a survey of the property to ascertain condition / measurements.
- Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only and should be checked by the purchaser. Any computer generated image gives only an indication as to how the house may look and this may change at any time.
- Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct.
- VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
- Information on the website about a property is liable to change at any time.