Tarifa Beach Houses work with an ethical Nature company that are organise responsible deep sea fishing trips.
The Straits of Gibraltar is the best place in Europe to practice sport fishing. There is no over fishing by professional fishermen and the geographical and environmental conditions make it a real magnet for underwater life.
From late Spring to early Autumn fishing includes, blue fin tuna, blue marlin, white marlin and sail fish, dolphin fish and shortfin mako shark.
We consider these species as a valuable natural and touristic resource, so we’ll always give priority to their survival and return to the sea complying with current quotas and legislation.
Cadiz’s Atlantic coast is becoming an increasingly popular international sport fishing spot and attracts more and more fishermen every year from different countries, mainly from Europe. They see the Strait as a chance to fish large species and enjoy many other activities. All of this takes place in a privileged environment, as an affordable option without having to travel far.
• Bluefin tuna: As it is a protected species, it can only be caught between 15 June until the end of the close season (end of July).
• Marlins, dolphinfish, bonito, etc. from the end of July to the end of October.
• Shortfin mako shark: all year round.
• The catches included in annex III of species are subject to differentiated protection should be returned to the sea whenever their survival is guaranteed.
• For the safety of the different cetacean species that will most probably be spotted, the course of the boat shall be changed, the equipment shall be lifted or we could even leave the area when their presence is detected.
From 475 € VAT included.
Price for half a day (4 hours) coastal fishing on the Blackfin 33 boat. Includes boat charter, fuel, fishing equipment, baits, professional fisherman and insurance.